Wednesday, January 5, 2011

wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him.


For those that read my list of things To-Do in 2011, volunteering was on the top of my list.  I'm currently working on finding a place that I want to put my time towards.  Also, a few people have talked about volunteering or wanting to get into it.  With that, my little brain started tinkering away, and  I have decided to start a project/series about volunteering and giving back to people and our community.  I will document my path from starting my search to where I end up, who I meet, what I gain, etc. 

Along with that I was wondering if anyone out there currently volunteers?  If so, would you be interested in me having a weekly "guest" type post/feature about you & your volunteer work - what you do, why you picked that particular volunteer opportunity, what you have gained, what's the most exciting part about what you do etc... If you are interested, send me an email (sugarbearbear@live.com) or leave me a comment.

  I look forward to what everyone thinks!


3 comments:

  1. Look at you, pretty lady! Volunteering is such a great goal...and it's totally achievable! I work with a few organizations in my community through Junior League and help out through my church. Happy to help if you need me for a post in the future :)

    Crossing my fingers for you for the Laila Azhar dress you picked out in my giveaway! It really would be perfect for a rehearsal dinner :) Great color choice by the way! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually looking forward to doing some real volunteer work with my lil soon to be mrs. by my side. It's about time we give back to those who could use a helping hand. So lets get this volunteer train a rollin my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm really looking forward to this... thank you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by!
you made my day.