Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cheers, Bethani!



I tweeted yesterday that I would be posting some updates on the opening of my ETSY store.  Its been somewhat crazy in my brain lately, thinking about this and thinking about that, because I want to make sure that I do all the right things to ensure my store is a hit.  And I must admit, its stressful.  From the name, to the simple shop banner, to the pricing, to even my ETSY button to link you to my store. But its coming along & it makes me extremely grateful that it is..

With a little thought and creativity {well I suppose its creativity}, my mind stumbled across a store name.  I wanted it to be something catchy, but not super cheesy.  I also wanted it to be something that's totally me and when you hear the name or see the name, you don't have to think twice about who the owner is.  It also needs to be a well-rounded, all encompassing name.  A store name of Needles & Thread wouldn't be such a great idea for someone who sells photographs, would it?  Well for me it wouldnt.  So without further ado, if you haven't figured it out already, the name of my new ETSY store is.......... *drum roll*



Cheers, Bethani!


clutch by Cheers, Bethani


What do you think??  I hope you like it as much as I do.  The name is extremely fitting.. I love signing my blogs that way, & if it wouldnt drive people mad, I would say cheers all the time.. I just love that word, such a happy word..

I have also decided, I'm going to start listing my items as I get them completed, which hopefully will be next week.  I'm planning on have my first couple things ready this weekend. The weather is forecasted for ickiness, so that gives me plenty of ETSY project time. 

Along with ETSY listings and ETSY names, I want to throw an idea out there.  I did via twitter yesterday and with much fail, {yea I said fail}, got one response... Maybe I don't have many followers or people who a rat's butt, but thats okay with me.. I'm putting it out there via the good 'ol blogosphere now..  

Custom made clutches??  You choose the pattern/color of fabric used, along with button color/size choice, thread color & I put it together for you..  Yes it would be priced more than the regular items in store, but its more time consuming to go find what exactly some is wanting.... Opinions?  Good? Bad? Let me know..   If you are interested in a custom clutch, contact me via email and we can talk further.

That's all the updates I have for now regarding ETSY.  Stayed tuned for more happenings on Cheers, Bethani...  Oh yea, almost forgot, I have a little temp button up on the left sidebar that will shoot you over to my shop, so you can stay tuned for item posting and such that way..


Cheers,

11 comments:

  1. Cheers Bethaniiiiiii!!!Really nice name!!!The point of all these, is to be yourself and you've got it girl!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! Just make sure you charge enough to cover the cost that you would incur. You're going to be a huge success! I LOVE the name! Happy Thursdayyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just throwing an idea out there for you... I know you don't have kids, but this would be super cute as a little "wipe container tote" You can get the cheap plastic totes at any store (walmart, walgreens, etc) for measurements. Just thought this would be a super cute way to keep your wipes in your diaper bag/ purse! I think it would open up your market more too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute name :) Good luck on finishing up pulling things together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bethani, I saw your question on the GFC forum, about how when you try to follow a blog, your profile and name and picture are just blank. The same thing is happening to me, and I was just wondering if you had fixed it yet and had any tips you could share to get it back to normal. ;) It's getting annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That name really fits you! I love it!! I wasn't on twitter AT ALL yesterday so I missed your tweet... dang... But I really like the custom idea! Def. charge more than regular, they'll be way more work! I think your customers will enjoy the ability to choose though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! sounds so fabulous and welcoming! will bring you much luck too:) we will be glad to add your etsy button to our sponsor list-just create me a good one! best wishes!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new Etsy store! I'm visiting and a new follower from FTLOB. I blog over at http://thesparacinofamily.blogspot.com
    Cheers back to ya!
    Lenette

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by!
you made my day.