we have some exciting news - well damon does. he has not seen or been able to locate/contact his grandmother since he was about 10 (16 years ago!) due to some underlying events and people in his life. well thanks to the oh so glorious facebook (yea i finally convinced him it is a good tool) he got back in touch.. I'm so thrilled for him.. people need their grandmas (well mimi's in his case). I hope things continue to grow from this and a relationship with his long missed family blossoms like spring flowers after a rain storm.
Criminal Minds always seems to begin and end the show with a quirky, motivational, or inspiring quote - so hey I thought I should do that with this blog. New quote every post.. Its a good goal to have.
About a week or so ago, I found a Homeade Oreo recipe that I was dying to try. I mentioned a few posts back that I had tried them and was going to post the information/recipe for them - well I never got around to it. I know I'm bad at that. So today is your lucky day - I made them again on Sunday, except this time I colored the frosting orange for a fun Halloween twist.
You can get the lovely recipe here >>>>> Homeade "Oreos"These are super delicious! I hope you like them as much as we do.
I still have to make my chocolate goat cheese cupcakes. Procastination central over here I know. I will get to it. Promsie!
Thanks Marianne for that little thought of wisdom from my Real Simple magazine spine.
This past weekend, we somehow managed to get lots accomplished, all the while on the scavenger hunt of a lifetime for a stinkin' ALCS Champions Shirt - little luck as we didnt find one ANYWHERE that would fit Damon or I due to all our lovely fairweather/bandwagon fans. Nothing is a bigger peeve than someone liking something only when its "the thing" to like whether because its "hot" or "they won" etc. Ticks me and Damon off alot - more him than me.
No moment feels greater than watching "A-Hole" striking out for the 3rd out to give us the ALCS Champion. Thank you A-Rod/Yankees for giving us our one way ticket to the World Series. *side note* we weren't there sadly - pictures are courtesy a zoom lens and a big screen tv
While the game was taking place, we decided it was time to carve pumpkins.. I'm apparently a horrible pumpkin carver.. If it werent for Damon and my brother we would have just had huge holes in the sides of pumpkins.
I got the email below today from a co-worker and found myself thinking that I am that person so many times. I hope you can relate..
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
This weekend was quite an eventful one - or so it seems to me. And besides the flu shot making my whole body ache for the two days - it was a wonderful wonderful weekend..
Friday night, I went and grabbed the items I needed for pasta salad and the cooking began. I managed to make pasta salad and homeade oreos in one night... I felt so proud that I was that productive for once. Its usually that I can accomplish one new recipe a week (whether it goes good or bad), but two recipes in one night?! I will be posting the receipes to Pasta Salad and Homeade Oreos in a short bit - which will also contain hyperlinks to them in this blog. Bare with..
Saturday morning we got up, packed our bag and headed the Arboretum.. It was a PERFECT day for picnicing.. I'm always down for a picnic and I love that Damon does too. :)
He's such a trooper!
I managed to snap this - and its one of the best all day! <3
We also decided it would be a good day to take the Robert and Emilee to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins and burn off some steam.
Emilee refused to wear sunglasses to block her eyes, so thus the shadow (Damon's arm blocking it)
I love gourds.. Apparently so does Emilee.. Of all the pumpkins she picked, she picked a spikey, warty gourd. Thats my niece! The green "Swan Necks" are my favorite..
Rangers!! Rangers!! The Championship game is upon us - Damon and I couldn't be more excited.. Atleast one team is doing something right! Hopefully we can dominate over the Yankees and send their whiny arrogant butts home.
We will be proudly sporting our claw/antler shirts along with player shirts throughout the series!
since the weather has started to cooperate - and well flat out been cooler than the typical dreadul Texas summers, I can't wait to start going out and doing.. For this weekend Damon and I are going to make a trip out to the Dallas Arboretum to see all the fall landscapes - I hear it is absolutely gorgeous there this time of year. And better yet, we are going to have a picnic as well. Like I told Damon, I LOVE PICNICS! I dont know what it is about them. Probably just have the simplest of foods on a blanket out in the gorgeous landscape with the perfect weather. Its a simple love in life.
Seriously who can resist?
I also am looking forward to the pumpkin patch, the you pick farm and pumpkin carving... Yay for Autumn! I will post pictures of our like adventures soon.
Recently, Autumn decided to drop in and stay for awhile... Dont get me wrong, I love Autumn.. Leaves rustling, the colors, the smells, the nice chill in the air. Pumpkins, cider, cinammon. You get the picture. Along with the joys of Autumn are the allergies.. I'm a fall allergy sufferer amongst many others... Suffering from the congestion, sneezing, and itchy throat, I couldnt hope more for a "good freeze" than anything right now. Just kill that crap off and let us less fortunate allergy sufferers breathe in peace. :)
Enough with my rant to mother nature, Damon and I bought a new camera for ourselves. Mine decided to go to camera heaven months back so we had to suffer through those disposals. I said enough was enough, and we got our a Canon to capture the memories to be had and shared. Sadly, our first camera time was spent taking pictures of the car accident we were in :( alls okay - no one was hurt, well his truck and their SUV but that can be fixed.
I'm making it a goal to start blogging more pictures, once we get them together, so those that read regularly (maybe 1 or 2) can enjoy them.
We also got our engagement pictures taken - and should have the prints and our cd with all our pictures in about 2 weeks, so I will share those then as well..