Thursday, December 16, 2010

if you wish upon a shooting star...


One of my favorite blogs to read is over at Scenic Glory - Lindsay always has something upbeat to say.  In one particular post - she took some time list her likes and wants at that current moment which she got inspiration from another fellow blogger. She gave us the challenge, should we decide to take it, to list our current likes and wants for others to read.

So here are mine.

I like:

  • i like checking the mail/email and having something with my name on it - makes me realize someone out there is thinking about me.
  • i like conversations with my mom on the phone - she is always good conversation on the long, bumper to bumper drives home from work.
  • i like (well love really) the smell of lavendar breeze - so much it sometimes gives me goosebumps :)
  • i like spending time with my neice and nephew - they are always excited to see the mister and i.
  • i like movie/tv night with the mister.  such a nice way to end the long work days.
  • i like mascara and long eyeslashes... so diva!
  • i like spaghettios and i'm 26.
  • i like going to central market even if i dont end up getting anything.
  • i like picnics with the mister - gives me reason to make enormous amounts of pasta salad.
  • i like completely black/dark gray outfits - so chic, sophisticated and lovely.

I want:
  • i want to be a better baker/chef - take more risks in the kitchen with mixing and matching foods and things
  • i want to learn to knit or crochet - so many pretty things you can make with yarn
  • i want to start an etsy shop - i love browsing all the shops and would like to have one of my own.
  • i want to have our own house one day that i can do whatever i want and not have some rule looming over our heads.
  • i want a dog.  simple as that.
  • i want to work in a soup kitchen again - it was so rewarding when i did it in the past.
  • i want to travel to a quaint little bed & breakfast kind of town with the mister and spend our time being free and lazy
  • i want all the politics and messiness of our goverment to go away  - i hate being the laughing stock of the world.
  • i want there to be a cure for all things miserable (cancer, aids, MS, polio, you get the idea)
  • i want our wedding to be perfect.

What would makes your little ideal world complete?

4 comments:

  1. i love your list beautiful lady...this list is fantastic!! i love getting emails too...doesn't it just brighten your day? i heart picnics and mascara also...oh and i definitely want their to be a cure for all things miserable (that's a great want!!).

    so happy you participated lovely...you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun and lovely list! I'm a sucker for snail mail too...I especially love mail with my new married name on it ;) I really might have to do one of these posts too! thanks for sharing! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay girl, you need to get yourself a dog, mine makes me laugh ALL the time. New follower by the way, you're too sweet!
    kiss,
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog! And, I agree- long eyelashes AND spaghettios are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by!
you made my day.