Thursday, December 16, 2010

relish.






Relish in the moment today. Stop for a moment and enjoy everything around you. I think we are too busy as a world, just to look around to see the beauty of the world and all the things out there that we take advantage of every day.



Back in the day and by that I mean like '97ish, a song came out that I think should be a constant theme song or prelude to our days and how we should live them. Baz Luhrman. I really think he knew what he was doing when he created this song, but so many of us didn't take the time to listen.


Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

You're not as fat as your imagine.
Don't worry about the the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
Do one thing everyday that scares you.
Sing!
Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
Dont waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults.
Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still dont.
Maybe you'll marry, maybe you wont. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you wont.... .... Whatever you do, don't Congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's.
Enjoy your body.
Dance... even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good.
Be nice to your sibilings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likley to stick with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on.
Travel.
Respect your elders.

I hope these snippets bring a little peace and uplift to your day. Hopefully we can all learn a little something about how we should enjoy ourselves as much as possible, as we don't know when it will be over. We don't want to look back and have those what if moments.

What little things do you do as a reminder to yourself that you are the most imporant?

3 comments:

  1. I found your link through the lovely Lindsay's blog, and I am loving the collection of inspiring, uplifting blogs I have been discovering lately. Including yours; I just love this post.

    I've been trying to make a conscious effort to live fully and whole-heartedly, and it is so refreshing to have so many feel-good places to visit here on the internet. :)

    Following you now...it's nice to meet you.

    aloha,
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely uplifted my day--I really need to remember the little moments and take a moment to slow down :/ and thanks for the flashback to eighth grade with Sunscreen...wowsers! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling uplifted, for sure! I'm glad you shared these words with us...i had forgotten about them!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by!
you made my day.