Wednesday, December 29, 2010

let the words do the talking...



It would be so easy for me to get lost in a place like this.  Millions of books lining the walls, stacked to the ceilings, just begging to be opened by another wandering library patron.  The smell of old books has a way of calming me with the quietness of readers and the occasional gasp of emotion as to what happens on the next page.  

Used bookstores and libraries are somewhat magical to me; you never know what your determined eyes and thumbing fingers will find.  Searching to your heart's content for that PERFECT book.  Once it is found, that sense of gratitude overwhelms the stagnant air knowing your next adventure is about to begin.

If your life was a book, what would it be titled?  What would it be say? Would there be many readers? 

9 comments:

  1. oh i love libraries too, it's so relaxing just sitting there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm i love libraries too, and for some reason, especially in the spring time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so pretty! I love the quiet in libaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh dreamy!! i love the haunting, mysterious look of huge shelves of books. i also love getting lost in one. they can be so hard to put down once you start. it's a healthy, lovely habit, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if my life were a book.. it would read... obsessed w/ blogging, HAHAH!! i would LOVE to get lost in one of these places!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always imagined my dream house to be something like that! Great blog!

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, YES! these are gorgeous photos. i love used bookstores. i could spend hours. no, days. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love getting lost in libraries and my girls do to....i don't want a book...i want a magazine {Freckles and Fudge}:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Stopping by from For the Love of Blogs! I also love books! Reading this post makes me wonder your thoughts on all the new "e-readers".. Are you in? Or out? :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by!
you made my day.